Do you feel you need to reinvent yourself? Do you need to refresh yourself? Are you outdated? Here are my six tips to help you reinvent yourself.
Everyone Has Value
- Gain an understanding of your value. Everybody on this planet has value. Everyone is special. What is your value? What is your competitive edge? Give me a compelling reason why I should open a dialogue with you. Why should I, if I was in a hiring position, hire you over George Paul or Mary? What is your differentiator?
- Do a lot of soul searching. Combined with #1, this is a good exercise to go through. We should all review exactly who we are periodically and even more so when you enter a career transition because you need to know exactly who you are. You need to know your value because you are sending yourself to the market.
- Seek input from those who know you. Not just your family, but your friends and your colleagues and ex-colleagues. Be very overt in asking people who know you, to be honest. Tell me, do you think I’m outdated? What do I need to liven up my brand? What do I need to excite the people at the other end? Tell me, be honest. Think about exactly who you are to refresh the image, refresh yourself before you send yourself out onto that big wide world.
- Harness your energy, your excitement, and your ambition. Document it. Understand what that ambition is because those people who are goal-driven reached those goals a lot faster than if they were like this pinpointed. That’s the point of reinvention. So think about yourself. What is so exciting? Couple that with your ambition; what will people get excited about me? Why should they engage in dialogue about me that will compel them to pick up the phone and give you a call?
- Now is the time. You’ve got all that information you’ve gathered from various sources to build your personal brand. So, elements of your personal brand are, is how you talk, your poise, your dialogue, your clothing, your apparel. Your personal brand is an important element you need to embrace as you embark on this reinvention. It is exciting to think you’re going to reinvent yourself and you can. And in today’s world, we should all every few years look at ourselves, a critical look at ourselves and who we are.
- Be who you want to be. Don’t be false. Don’t set out a false impression. You need to be true to your word, true to your value, true to your ambition. You need to be excited about exactly who you are.
I can help!
I am passionate about helping you reach your career goals and so I have an offer for you; a free resume critique and LinkedIn audit. I’d like to offer you a no-obligation, no sales pitch, LinkedIn audit, and a resume critique. However, I do warn you, I am realistic and I will say it as it is, I am tough because I want you to learn what I’m going to tell you and I will remove all the red flags for you so you have a complete bank of green flags, so it will be clear sailing if you have to go into career transition. Are you interested? If so, email me in the message section on LinkedIn. Or send me an email using the link posted below.