eMBA Corporate Workshop Topics
The eMBA Corporate Workshops help eMBA Graduates maximize their marketability and potential by guiding participants in the areas that impact them the most. Our most popular workshops include:
You’ve enhanced your education; now it’s time to strengthen your resume. Participants will transform their outdated pre-eMBA resume into a fresh, keyword-based and accomplishment rich executive resume. Your new document will be appropriately formatted and filled with keywords to pass through the robots that now read resumes, and written to attract attention from hiring managers and corporations looking for eMBA graduates.
In this 4 hour workshop you will learn
- Is your resume a Recycler or a Winner?
- What are the cardinal sins of resume writing?
- Why the “Objective” statement is older than Y2K!
- The automated process of resume screening: robots are reading your resume.
- How to ensure your resume makes it through the scanning process. (HINT: over 95% of resumes written without professional guidance FAIL the scanning process.)
- How to seduce the reader with pertinent information.
- What are the skills a recruiter or hiring manager would use to find you?
- How to optimize your resume using keywords.
- Add punch to your resume with action verbs; I’ve got over 2,000 of them to share!
- Write accomplishment stories using the acronym STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result)
- How do I customize one resume to each job without completely rewriting the whole document?
Welcome to the era of E-recruitment
Websites, job boards, email, social media, apps … recruiters and hiring managers now have an array of technology tools at their fingertips. Social media platforms such as LinkedIn allow hiring influencers to mine for talent using keywords. Could you be found or are you committing career suicide? Does your digital footprint effectively market and exude your unique value proposition as an eMBA graduate?
A resume is no longer the sole career tool when conducting a job search. You must have an online presence, know how to use all the latest digital tools to your advantage, and understand how employers and recruiters use your digital footprint to qualify candidates.
In this 2 hour workshop you will learn:
- How to build a job search plan, target employer list, elevator speech, and networking business card.
- The role of social media in digital recruitment, including active versus static sites
- How to assess your LinkedIn profile, maximize your profile strength and Google ranking.
Participants will leave feeling prepared to execute an aggressive and strategic executive job search embracing social media, in-person and online networking, contingency and retained recruiters, and paid and unpaid resources to help you manage your job search activity.
Google Searches, Skype Interviews, and more!
How the Interview Process Has Changed
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook are all tools employers use to vet candidates either before or after an interview. Google searches of your references may also be part of the interview process. These practices were unheard of not that long ago.
What remains unchanged for you, the job seeker, is the ability to highlight your unique career experiences, skill set and cultural fit before, during and after the interview process. The higher you’re aiming within an organization, the more exhaustive the interview steps.
During this 2 hour interactive interview workshop, participants will gain insight into:
- The interview process starts long before you arrive at their doorstep.
- Why it’s important to acquire knowledge of the company and the interviewer.
- How to dress for success.
- How to execute covert interview preparation.
- Common interview types: Skyping, speeding and eating your way through an interview.
- Conflicts between verbal and non-verbal messages.
This workshop will prepare you to be an active participant in the interview, ask probing questions, show your personality, market your executive strengths, and leave a lasting impression with a post-interview thank you note.