I have a Zoom Interview! What Should I do?
The question for today is, “I have a Zoom interview but I’m used to in-person interviews, what should I do?
I am Martin Buckland, and I help senior executives across the world, reach their career goals.
I’m going to answer that question and then tell you how to wow them in an interview.
My tips for zoom are
- Enter that Zoom meeting early. You want to be there when they press that button.
- Check your internet speed. You don’t want to drop halfway through the interview. Technology can challenge you. It challenges me and don’t let it challenge you throughout the interview because it will distract you. Make sure you’re prepared.
- Make sure you’ve done all your research and make sure behind you is clean, neat, and tidy. Don’t have any dirty laundry or books hanging from the wall or pictures askew. You need to have it neat and tidy because it’s all part of your brand.
- Wrap the interview up just like you would an in-person interview. Thank them for their time and ask them when you will be hearing on the next interview or when you would get the job offer
- Ensure your attire is exactly the same as an in-person interview. You need to be smart. You need to dress accordingly. Find out the corporate culture and what they wear when they are in that office. You want to make sure you are professionally dressed accordingly.
If you are in a career transition or you want to manage your career. I can help you. My name is Martin Buckland. I am an executive career management practitioner. I can help you manage and advance your career.
I want to Help YOU!
I am passionate about helping you reach your career goals so I have an offer for you; a free resume critique and LinkedIn audit. I will offer you a no-obligation, no sales pitch, LinkedIn audit and resume critique. However, I do warn you, I am realistic and I will say it as it is, I am tough because I want you to learn what I’m going to tell you and I will remove all the red flags for you so you have a complete bank of green flags, so it will be clear sailing if you have to go into career transition.
Are you interested? If so, email me in the message section on LinkedIn. Or send me an email using the link posted below.